Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Day 1



8.20.18 Day 1
Weight: 240.00
Weight loss goal: 180lbs
Daily goal for 8.20.18: Bright lines all day! 1 cold brew coffee (no sugar, just black) and lot's of water.

Breakfast
(P) 2 eggs                               Breakfast is: 1 protein, 1 breakfast grain and
(G) Sweet potato                                        1 fruit
(Fr) Blueberries

I love microwave sweet potatoes. My intent on Sunday was to make a bunch of sweet potatoes, roast some carrots and brussels sprouts and make some meals for Monday-Wednesday, but then I realized that all my food containers were in my office at work waiting to be taken home. They were clean, so there was no concern about stench or varmints but they weren't doing me much good at work...if you know what I mean. 

Since my prep work plans went out the window AND I was sidetracked by a surprise that our dog Lucy left me and had to spent 15 minutes cleaning up that little mess, get some clothes in the laundry, detail my son's chore list for today, wake my youngest son (who is not a morning person) and get myself pulled together for work, did i realize that I won't be able to sit at my kitchen table and enjoy breakfast. I had one container I could use so I nuked that tater for 5 minutes, made some scrambled eggs for my oldest (the youngest doesn't like eggs)-then made 2 somewhat dippy eggs (sorty of runny yolks, but not too runny). I was able to remove the skin from the smokin' hot sweet potato and mush it down, then put the eggs on top and then put some blue berries on top of that and yes, I know it kind of grosses people out, but I am hear to tell you the mix of savory and sweet is delightful. People dip their toast with jelly on it in the egg yolk so how is cutting out the toast and sugar and just eating the berries and egg any different? 

As you can see from the picture above, I devoured it before I remembered I was going to take a picture! 
 Lunch
(P) Black beans
(V) Sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms as well as cucumber and grape tomatoes
(Fa) Avocado
(Fr) Mango

Lunch is 1 protein, 6 oz of veggies, 1 fruit and 1 fat. I get hungry in mid afternoon and today I know we won't be having dinner until after 5:30 because we have back to school conferences. So I added in an extra 4 oz of veggies from my dinner to my lunch. 

On Saturday night I made beef fajitas and I made a burrito bowl for myself because I didn't want the flour tortilla that the boys were having. We didn't have any beef leftover (it was tasty...if you have an Aldi near you, I recommend their thin sliced angus beef. Its super affordable and it is delicious) so I just threw the left over beans, sauteed peppers and onions (from the farmers market!) and added a sliced avocado. I reheated it all and it was delicious. 

In my opinion you can not go wrong with a simple cucumber and tomato salad. I sprinkle a little salt and some pepper and it tastes like summer. This cucumber was from a co-workers garden as were the maters. Delish!
I am not going to lie...afternoons are terribly hard on me. I work until 4:30 and by 2pm I am starving. Like I said above, I increased my veggies, but I think I need to increase my protein amount as well so I can be fuller longer. Today if sister hunger comes a calling I am going to drink some more water and if she still keeps knocking I have some mint tea to brew. Mint tea always makes me feel so chill. It has a pleasant sent and a natural sweetness that caps that hunger pain. 

Dinner
Dinner is: 1 protein, 6 oz veggies, 8 oz salad and 1 fat

(P & 6oz veggies): Leftover Sunday dinner
(Salad 4 oz): Cucumber and tomatoes 

No one in my family really eats leftovers except me. Last night my husband made Deconstructed Cabbage Rolls. The recipe is very BLE friendly as it does not have any rice in it like my normal cabbage roll recipe does. It is onions, cabbage, lean ground meat, stewed tomatoes and seasoning. He did make some rice on the side, but I only saved the cabbage/meat part of the recipe and ditched the rice. 

Like afternoons, evenings are also a problem for me. I am fully aware that I eat out of boredom, so tonight I have to make a point to not be bored. I have a pile of laundry that needs to be folded and put away, school starts in 3 days so I would like the boys to have a good start to the new year and i could take the dog for a walk so it gets some exercise. The loaf is getting more loafier (not a real world, but you know what I mean).


This is Lucy. She is a Corgi/Husky mix and 6 months old. She likes somewhat long walks where she can smell everything and meet new friends, swimming in her pool and Dairy Queen ice cream. She also likes snuggles, kisses, digging giant holes in my yard (she is legit halfway to China) and belly rubs rock her world. We adopted her from a rescue and are completely in love with the crazy shoe chewing loaf.

Day 1 Summary

Afternoons and evenings are definitely hardest for me. I think I do need to increase my protein at lunch and drink more water to help me feel full and flush my body. It was a rainy day and we were busy with back to school conferences. I wish I could have some energy at the end of the day so I could tackle laundry and other "fun" stuff. Overall it wasn't too bad. 

Moments of truth

I did have some blurry lines after dinner. My stomach was grumbling at about 7pm. I had some nuts and some more water. Then I completely broke down and had a atkins coconut bar. It tasted horrid (and at one time I thought they tasted delicious like a Mounds Bar). 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 36 PCOS

9.24.18 Day 36 Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was in my early 30's. I was always a bigger girl and whe...