Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Intro

This is me. My name is Jen. I'm almost 47 years old. I have a husband and two kids plus one puppy. This blog is my accountability partner...my journal. This is where I am going to come to so I can document my successes and my failures...my good days and my bad days in this thing I call my Bright Lines Adventure.

What is Bright Lines?

Bright Line Eating is a book by Susan Pierce Thompson, Ph.D that talks about the science of eating and how sugar and flour have the same impact on your brain as cocaine, meth, and other illicit drugs. The first part of the book is all about the science and the second part is about incorporating that science (i.e. eliminating sugar and flour) from your food consumption (notice I didn't say "diet"). Basically, its is clean eating. No processed foods, anything with flour (not just white, but any kind of flour-rice, wheat, almond, etc.) and sugar (white, brown, agave, honey, fake sugar, truvia, etc.). You can have grains and fruit, but you measure your food and you eat a ton of veggies. Oh and there is no snacking in between meals. This book guides you on how to retrain your brain.

This has become my Bible. I have pages marked, notes posted, paragraphs highlighted. Its a shame I have to return it to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 36 PCOS

9.24.18 Day 36 Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was in my early 30's. I was always a bigger girl and whe...