Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Day 28

9.16.18 Day 28

Sunday glorious Sunday. The house is quiet because the boys stayed over at Grandpa's and I want to sleep. I'm sunburned and I have a laundry list a mile long of things I need to get done today including, but not limited to, grocery shopping, clean kitchen, laundry, give dog a bath, take a nap, prep food for the week.

My husband and I take advantage of the non-children time and go to breakfast. It is such a nice feeling to be able to go to a restaurant and not have to cut someone elses food for them...or entertain them or tell them to stop touching their brother and if they do it one more time SO HELP ME GOD! 

Breakfast: spinach, mushroom and swiss cheese omelet with american fries (only ate 1/2). 

Then we went and picked up some burger for the week as well as a pork roast for pulled pork one night. We pick up the boys and then I head out to get the rest of the groceries. Yes, we could have gotten them all at the same time, but we at breakfast at Hyvee and as much as I love HyVee, the boys are eating more and I can get more for my money at Aldi and Walmart and this week I needed to hit Sam's Club for laundry supplies since i'm washing at least a load a day. 

When I got home from shopping it was almost 2pm and I remembered as I opened up the fridge to start putting my groceries away that I was going to clean out the fridge and wipe off the shelves. An hour later the fridge is clean, the food is put away and it is nap time.

After nap i threw more clothes in the laundry. The boys have a short week at school (no school on Friday) so that means only 4 days of school uniforms. I recruited my oldest, Henry, to help make dinner. Tacos. I am not eating Tacos though. Instead I had:

Dinner: spinach, black beans, refried beans, taco meat, sour cream, tomatoes and salsa. 

We had 12 taco shells and 2lbs of meat. Between Brian, Henry and Oliver, they ate all the taco shells and I had maybe 2 oz of meat. Now you see why I have to shop at Aldi and Walmart? The boys are 10 and 6! 

After dinner, I filled up the baby pool and took Lucy outside. Oliver helped brush her and we both gave her a bath. She is not a fan of bath time, but she loves the water so she didn't make a run for it and was actually quite good while we scrubbed her and rinsed her. She wanted to stay out and run around in the backyard so we let her after her bath. Once this midwestern Indian Summer heatwave breaks we will have to get back into our daily walks with Lucy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 36 PCOS

9.24.18 Day 36 Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was in my early 30's. I was always a bigger girl and whe...