Thursday, August 30, 2018

Day 10

8.29.18 Day 10
Weight: Didn't weigh in 
Weight loss goal: 180lbs
Daily goal for 8.29.18: No flour! No sugar!

Breakfast
(P)    2 eggs scrambled                     
(G)   sweet potato                  
(Fr)  mango and blueberries
Lemon pepper tuna on tomatoes & cukes!

Lunch
(P)   tuna with lemon and black pepper
(V)   tomatoes, english cucumber, brussel sprouts
(Fa)  
(Fr)  mango and banana


Dinner
(P)   ham steak
(V)   brocoli
(S)   romaine, tomatoes and mushrooms
(Ft)  ghee on my brocoli


Day 10 Summary
Today was a good day. I stuck to my lines with no deviation. I drank water and I got a nice little walk in with the dog! I feel more in control with my life when I can keep my lines....it's like when I keep my desk clean and tidy, my work life is more in sync and I get more accomplished. When I can stay bright, I also get a lot accomplished, I have more energy, and I don't have time to think about food.

Moments of truth
Can we talk for a moment about Ghee? What is it? It is clarified butter. It is made from regular butter, but heated up until the butter separates into liquid fat and milk solids. Once separated, the milk solids are removed which means it has less lactose than butter. It has a higher burn point so it is great for sauteeing or frying food (we don't fry food on BLE. :)) It is very similar to butter as far as nutritional profiles and fat content are concerned. Is it better for you than butter? Some studies have shown that those who eat foods with  ghee have a lower LDL or bad cholesterol and higher HDL (the good stuff). Since ghee also has many of its dairy proteins removed, it contains less casein and lactose so those who are sensitive to dairy could tolerate it better than butter. In addition, it is rich in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) which is known to have high range of health benefits and it also contains a fatty acid called butyrate acid which plays an essential role in digestive health. I like it is because it TASTE AWESOME. I'm still dreaming of those brussel sprouts i had the other day that i roasted with ghee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 36 PCOS

9.24.18 Day 36 Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was in my early 30's. I was always a bigger girl and whe...