Friday, August 31, 2018

Day 11

8.30.18 Day 11
Weight: Didn't weigh in 
Weight loss goal: 180lbs
Daily goal for 8.30.18: Stop obsessing about everything! 

Breakfast
(P)    eggs and ham                    
(G)    sweet potato                 
(Fr)   blueberries and mango

Lunch
(P)   cottage cheese and chicken
(V)   lettuce, tomato, cucumber
(Fa)  salad dressing/avocado
(Fr)  apple

I had lunch with a peer at a restaurant and their lunch menu had chicken salad but the chicken was breaded! WTF! Come on people! So i picked the half wrap California chicken with a side of cottage cheese and a side salad. I drank ice tea no sweetner. It was ok. i liked that they had cottage cheese and a plain salad. 



Dinner
(P) turkey and ham chopped  
(V)   romaine lettuce, tomato, english cucumber, mushrooms
(S)   
(Ft)  avocado

The family is having a baked potato bar. I will not be having that even though i love bakers. I'm really trying to make better choices, so I have to be strong and have my version of a chef salad-minus the egg and cheese. 

Day 11 Summary
It took literally everything I had to not snack between 7-9pm today. But I did it! I drank my water, folded clothes, took a shower, got the boys clothes ready for Friday...I did everything I could so I wouldn't eat. What a sense of accomplishment! I never knew it could feel so good to say NO!

Moments of truth
I have diabetes...I was diagnosed earlier this year and I don't need insulin but am taking two medications that I don't want to take. I don't want to be the fat girl with diabetes. i don't want to be a statistic, but for the time being I am. My moment of truth is that I have been avoiding the doctor, of getting my A1C checked and taking my medication. I tested my blood sugar for the first time in months and my morning blood sugar was 147. I tested again after lunch and it was 216. This is unacceptable, so I am going to starting taking my medication again. Make an appointment to get my A1C checked and from here on out you will see my blood sugar results along with my food intake. This has been weighing heavily on me and I feel like I am in a funk. I feel sad, resentful, overwhelmed and invisible. I still find joy but I want to have a house that is orderly, help with the laundry and dishes, less electronic time, I want to go on a trip in an airplane (i love to travel and I LOVE LOVE airports) and experience an adventure. I want to feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 36 PCOS

9.24.18 Day 36 Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was in my early 30's. I was always a bigger girl and whe...