Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Day 21

9.9.18 Day 21
Weight: Didn't weigh in 
Short Weight loss goal: 5lb
Long Weight loss goal: 180lbs
Am Blood Sugar:
Pm Blood Sugar:
Daily goal for (date):

Moments of truth
I live about 1 hour and 20 minutes from where I grew up. I have family and friends back home and this past couple weeks have been hard for my community. Part of our town suffered severe flooding from a 500 year flood. Many were still cleaning up and waiting for FEMA or other funding to help get their homes back in order. This weekend it was their annual community festival - Wild West Days. Carnival, beer tent, horseshoe tournament, kickball tourney, demolition derby and on Sunday was the big parade. I decided to head back home with the boys so i could support my community and see my friends and family. The parade is a wonderful 45 minutes parade filled with marching bands, UW band made an appearance with Bucky Badger, kids on stilts, lots of candy and floats and your mandated tractor appearance (it is Wisconsin after all). The boys loved the candy. I loved the sense of community. 

I made some not very good choices in the day...diet soda, samples of candy, a subway sandwich for lunch. It is so easy to say "Oh one piece isn't going to hurt" but it creates this avalanche of piss poor decisions. so when I got home, I started prepping my lunches for the week. Hummus, lunch meat, lot's of cut veggies all packages in my little containers ready to go. It is the best I can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 36 PCOS

9.24.18 Day 36 Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was in my early 30's. I was always a bigger girl and whe...