Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Day 22

9.10.18 Day 22
Weight: Didn't weigh in 
Short Weight loss goal: 5lb
Long Weight loss goal: 180lbs
Am Blood Sugar:
Pm Blood Sugar:
Daily goal for (date):



Moments of truth
For a few years now I have been battling some unnamed issue. It starts off with upper GI pain that comes in waves of pain. It is associated with heartburn, sour smelling burps, nausea and diarrhea. It tends to manifest its ugly head at 2 or 3 am, waking me from a deep and fairly restful sleep only to make me unable to get any rest for the next 12 hours at least. I have been able to combat the nausea, which for me, is the worst offender with some prescription anti-nausea medication. The sour stomach burps can be remedied with over the counter medication like ranitidine but I get so tired from the medication, lack of sleep and stomach pains that it takes all I can muster to get the kids to school. 

I looked like a hot mess. Felt like it too. 

When I finally was able to get a little rest, I woke up to the gross, musty scent of wet carpet. We had some rain from the recent midwest monsoons seep into our basement from the garage and while part of our basement has tile, which is easy to clean up, there is a part that has carpet. About 5' x 5' section got wet and we have been using a shop vac to suck up the water but it was not getting dry...and now it smelled like death. So I dragged my sick, tired, hot mess self to the store to find a air purifier so I can at least make the smell not so bad. I also heaved my way through another round of shop vac action before I just couldn't go on. My husband came home and ripped up the carpet to dry the pad and underneath.

Good times. 

So eating wasn't a big thing for me yesterday. But i did see a pattern. I haven't had a bout with this issue for awhile. Once i stopped eating sugar and flour, i had zero heartburn or bloating. it was awesome. Last week though I fell off the wagon and had some flour and the next day boom instant sickies. Sunday I had a sub from subway and some candy from the parade and that night i was sick. 

I wonder how many more times I will have to get sick before i realize the sugar and flour are not my friend and are killing me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 36 PCOS

9.24.18 Day 36 Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was in my early 30's. I was always a bigger girl and whe...