Monday, September 3, 2018

Day 13

9.1.18 Day 13
Weight: 236lbs
Short Weight loss goal: 5lb
Long Weight loss goal: 180lbs
Am Blood Sugar: 140
Pm Blood Sugar: 142
Daily goal for 9.1.18: Stay hydrated (it is going to be humid), make wise choices. Keep your goal in site (1 lb away!)

Breakfast
(P)   three eggs over easy                     
(G)   sweet potato                   
(Fr)  

Lunch
(P)   deviled eggs, black beans, black eyed peas
(V)   tomatoes
(Fa)  mayo
(Fr)  grapes and watermelon


Dinner
(P)   steak
(V)   
(S)   
(Ft)  


Day 13 Summary
We are celebrating my father-in-law's 65th birthday today. A year and a half ago he was developed a strep infection that moved to his artifical knee which caused him to develop sepsis. He spent over 3 months in the University of Iowa and then our local hospital for physical rehab. We thought we had lost him when his kidneys started to shut down, but he made it through though he is now confined to a wheelchair. This is a wonderful celebration that we didn't know we would get to witness.

I opted to put off lunch until later since I knew we were getting together at 2:30. The food that was there was deviled eggs, grapes, some delicious but bad snack mix and cowboy cavier (black beans, black eyed peas, corn, tomatos, cilantro. Dinner was steak and watermelon, baked beans and a pasta salad. I did not eat the beans or pasta salad because they just didn't appeal to me.  But I overeat because I felt so sick that I had heartburn. Severly. 

Moments of truth
I drank a lot of water today to help curb the cravings and I tried to stay bright, but the lines got blurry. Even if you are staying bright, if you over eat on good food, your body can still feel bad. Mine feels horrible. I know I will be sick tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 36 PCOS

9.24.18 Day 36 Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was in my early 30's. I was always a bigger girl and whe...