Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Day 19

9.7.18 Day (19)
Weight: Didn't weigh in 
Short Weight loss goal: 5lb
Long Weight loss goal: 180lbs
Am Blood Sugar:
Pm Blood Sugar:
Daily goal for 9.7.18:


Moments of truth
It is Friday, but i'm writing this on Tuesday 9/11. Friday is a short day at work. We are done at 2pm. I love this day, not because it is Friday, but because it is the one day of the week I get to pick up my kids right after school. They don't have to go to aftercare, they get to go right to the dismissal and run right to me. In the summer time, Friday's are when we go on our adventures...maybe for a hike, or to the museum or explore a cave. Today is BOGO blizzard at Dairy Queen. So we are going there so the boys can get ice cream. What am I getting? Diet Coke. I know. I know. Artificial sweeteners! Poison! Yeah, yeah. I get it. 

Is soda a trigger for me? If you had asked me that on Friday I would say "NO!" in that defensive and incredulous way knowing that you a.) never thought about it that way or b.) deep down knew the answer was not "no". Looking back, I would have to say that diet soda is a trigger. It makes me crave salty. It makes me crave more diet soda. It makes me think "hey it is zero calories. its not a big deal." but it is a big deal. It is like the Walmart of healthy choices. 

The Walmart of healthy choices? What the duck? You don't like Walmart? Fine, it is the Target of healthy choices. You go to Target to buy 1 thing-toothpaste. Fine. Easy in. Easy out with your $2.99 tube of Colgate, but then you spy the cutest cup in the housewares section, so you stop and OMG it is only $3.95! What a steal! It is so adorbs! You must get it even though you have 4 shelves full of coffee cups and you live alone. As you are wandering back to the front of the store, you remember that you need to pick up some sparkling water because you are trying to steer clear of soda. GET OUT! Sparkling water is on sale! I need a cart now! Long story short you have made an entire loop of the Target store and you have a cart full of stuff and your bank account is $195 less than it was 15 minutes ago. Go YOU! 

That is how diet soda is the Target (or Walmart) of healthy choices. You have every intention of doing the right thing but that ONE thing triggers a reaction that ends up not being a healthy choice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 36 PCOS

9.24.18 Day 36 Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was in my early 30's. I was always a bigger girl and whe...